WHAT THIS POLICY COVERS
SIMPOWER Limited is a New Zealand based battery manufacturer and distributor (Company No: 847590) with registered offices at 4/15 Trugood Drive, East Tamaki, Auckland 2013. (referred to as “SIMPOWER”, “we”, “us” or “our”).
By accessing our website (our “Sites”) you agree to these terms.
Collection of personal information
SIMPOWER is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals.
The collection of personal information is strictly intended to allow SIMPOWER to conduct its legitimate business operations. SIMPOWER will only collect personal information directly from the individual and only as reasonably required for the purposes that will be outlined at the time of collection.
Whenever anyone applies to become a SIMPOWER employee, customer, supplier or even as a visitor to our premises we may need to ask for personal details such as names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses.
Following the passing of the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Terrorism Amendment Act 2017 it was recognised companies must take appropriate measures to guard against money laundering. Therefore, SIMPOWER may seek to collect enhanced personal identification requirements at times, such as a date of birth and photo identification, to ensure we are able to verify that we have the correct individual to contract with.
The type of information collected by SIMPOWER about an individual therefore depends upon those individuals intended interaction with us.
Rights of the individual
An individual has the right to request access to or rectification of personal data which SIMPOWER holds about them. This right includes asking SIMPOWER to erase their personal data, to correct any errors in the information, to restrict the processing of their personal data and the right to receive a copy of personal data that has been provided to us.
SIMPOWER acknowledges the removal of information may limit the ongoing ability of SIMPOWER to conduct normal business relations with the individual and this may require further consultation.
To make a request an individual can contact SIMPOWER either by email to or by post to, SIMPOWER, PO Box 51783, Pakuranga, Auckland 2140.
To protect personal information, we follow a strict storage and disclosure procedure, which means that we will require proof of identity from an individual prior to disclosing or removing such personal information.
For further information on requesting personal information refer to the website https://www.privacy.org.nz .
Why does SIMPOWER collect information.
SIMPOWER collects personal information for the following reasons:
- To employ people and be able to communicate with them and remunerate them correctly, and communicate on their behalf with outside agencies such as IRD, Work & Income and KiwiSaver providers;
- To register and maintain a customer or supplier, to be able to contact them regarding changes to our Trading Terms or in relation to any orders or in response to a query or complaint and to improve our services or goods, comply with a legal obligation and for our legitimate interests;
- If it is necessary for to collect the personal information for the performance of a contract;
- To register a customer on our ecommerce site, when consented to for this purpose;
- In relation to surveys, market research, or competitions and to ensure the individual receives relevant marketing and offers;
- When consented, to share customers data with third party analytics companies to help us get to know preferences and to personalise offers to improve the marketing we provide;
- For technical information when using our Sites, such as the internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating systems and information about each visit, such as how Sites are used, which products are searched for, locations from where our Sites are accessed from, length of visit and download errors. SIMPOWER collects this information to help us understand how to improve our services and to ensure that our Sites are operating effectively.
When might we disclose personal information to other agencies?
SIMPOWER may disclose personal information to others in the following circumstances and purposes:
- third parties, where we are required to do so by the Courts or to comply with legal, statutory or regulatory obligations including accounting and taxation requirements;
- Police, law enforcement agencies or other authorised bodies to prevent or detect crime;
- data analysis or direct marketing companies for the purpose of providing relevant advertising or marketing and perform services on our behalf.
SIMPOWER may disclose personal information to other relevant entities in the normal course of business but does not sell, rent, or trade personal information to or with any third parties.
SIMPOWER uses strict procedures and security features, including complying with generally accepted industry standards, to try to prevent unauthorised access of personal information. All information provided to us is stored on our secure servers. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and corporate policies to safeguard and secure the information we receive.
However, no data transmission over the internet can be entirely secure. As a result, while we will always use reasonable endeavours to protect all personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information and the use of our websites and e-mail facilities is at the users own risk.
A ‘cookie’ is a small file of letters and numbers that are stored on the browser or the hard drive of the users computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to the computer’s hard drive.
SIMPOWER uses the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies which are required for the operation of our website, including the ecommerce features on simpower.co.nz;
- Analytical and performance cookies that allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Sites when they are using it. This helps improve the way our Sites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for;
- Functionality cookies used to recognise when a user returns to our Sites. This enables us to personalise a greeting, or content and remember preferences (for example, a choice of language or region);
When might SIMPOWER transfer personal information abroad?
SIMPOWER may need to transfer personal information outside of New Zealand to a service provider. If we do transfer personal information abroad, we will do so in accordance with applicable law and will require that appropriate safeguards are in place.
All communication with SIMPOWER electronically, including by e-mail or telephone, may be randomly monitored, or recorded to protect the interests of our business and our customers.
This is necessary for legitimate interests such as maintaining service quality standards, detection of or prevention of crime and to ensure that our employees comply with legal obligations and our policies and procedures (including our customer relations practices).
Third party links
Changes to this policy
As business and legal horizons are changing at an ever-increasing rate, SIMPOWER reserves the right to update this Policy from time to time.