CBA IV PRO West Mountain Radio Computerised Battery Analyser
Software calibration data and extra features
The CBA IV PRO is a computerised battery analyser capable of scientifically and accurately analysing any type of battery from coin cells to automotive batteries. Calibrated and tested to accuracy levels of <1% Amp load, <0.5% Volts. Features:
* True constant current battery capacity test with results graphically displayed, constant power testing supported with Extended software upgrade
* Discharge current is software and electronically regulated using a solid state switch and fan cooled electronic load
* Test any type of battery with presets for NiCd, NiMH, Lead Acid, LiIon, LiPo, Alkaline, Carbon Zinc, Mercury and other battery chemistries.
* Solar cell profiling capability – the ability to sweep the solar panel, by varying the load, to see how the panel reacts.
* Lower current testing capabilities – down to 10 mA
* Tests quickly at real world load conditions, up to 150 watts or 40 amps maximum, whichever is higher.
* High voltage testing at up to 55 volts; the equivalent of 1 to 38 NiCd or NiMH cells.
* Optional 500 watt and 1000 watt amplifiers.
* On-board computer performs accurate measurement with 12 bit effective resolution. Auto ranging for 2 current ranges and three voltages.
* Each CBA is individually calibrated with a computerized calibration system.
* Fail safe: automatic protection of temperature, current and power.
* Safety watchdog stops a discharge in the event of a computer crash.
* Discharge test current user selectable from 0 to 40 Amps
* Automatic voltage shut off at end of test using a software recommended or user selected safe discharge voltage
* Automatic over-temperature shut off at end of test at using a software recommended or user selected maximum temperature with optional external * magnetic temperature sensor.
* User selected battery cell chemistry, number of cells and test current
* Software recommends safe tests based on user supplied battery information
* Automatic graph setup and scaling
* Measures and displays voltage, current, amp-hrs, watts and temperature (Requires optional temperature probe and extended software)
* Easy overlay comparisons of multiple graphs may be displayed saved and recalled
* Save, display and print battery test graphs and battery labels
* Plug and Play high speed USB interface, with easy to use and intuitive Windows software supplied on CD ROM
* One model for all testing ranges.
* Maximum continuous discharge rate: 100 Watts
* Maximum limited term discharge rate with < 3500 ma-hour battery: 125 Watts * Maximum limited term discharge rate with < 1000 ma-hour battery: 150 Watts * 0-3 amp accuracy: typically better than ±10mA * 3-40 amp accuracy: typically better than ±45mA * 0-5 volt accuracy: typically better than ±0.005V * 5-15 volt accuracy: typically better than ±0.01V * 10-60 volt accuracy: typically better than ±0.05V * Maximum operating voltage: 55 Volts (48 Volt Lead Acid Telecom supported) * Maximum discharge rate: 40 amps (Battery dependent, 100 watt continuous) * Minimum discharge voltage to maintain 30 amps: 0.9Volts (Battery dependent) * Minimum Voltage for a 40 amp discharge: 2 volts at completion of test (Battery dependant) * Minimum discharge rate: 0.01 Amps * Residual current drain, battery connected while not in use: < 0.003 Amps @ 12V * High performance micro controller with built in USB interface and 12 bit A/D conversion. * USB powered; the CBA does not use the battery being tested to run the CBA or the fan. * System ready and Test in progress LED indicators, viewable from across a room. * CBA internal over temperature sensing and protection. * Graph printing on any standard color or B&W printer. * Battery test label printing on standard 05160 stick-on labels. The CBA IV PRO comes with:
* CBA IV hardware
* 150mm pigtail adapter
* Standard version CBA software CD-ROM
* 1800mm USB Cable
* 40 amp fuse
* User Manual
* Calibration data
* 1 yr limited commercial use warranty
* 1 yr limited home use warranty